10.28.2007

What a terrible day......

Today was nothing short of terrible for me. Some people may beg to differ and have differen't opinions about what terrible is but for me, it was terrible.

I was driving home from some errands and as I was turning on to my street from another I spotted a tiny black kitten playing in the road. He was running all around and my first thought was, "Oh no! I have to go get him before he gets hit!" well, I pulled the fastest U-turn I could but before I could get to him in time... a man hit him and killed him right before my eye's. A nice woman saw it too and stopped to get the kitten out of the middle of the street. I drove up beside her and there lay that innocent playful kitten limp in her arms. His precious little body smashed. The worst part was she could still feel his heart beating for a few minutes. I knew he wasn't going to live long, as his eye's were completely pushed out of their sockets. It was terrible. I can't handle that kind of thing. Any time I see an animal in need, I am more than willing to help. It doesn't matter what it is. I have rescued baby birds, moles getting attacked by crows, crows who have been hit by cars, cats, runaway dogs, you name it. I love animals and it just broke my heart today. I pray, and if you will also, that The Lord would take those images away from my mind. It's like a movie that wont stop playing over and over in my head. I hope I can sleep tonight....

saddened,
Kesh.

2 comments:

Britney said...

Oh my goodness that makes me really sad too..I got teary eyed reading your blog. :-( I'm sorry that happened.

Kesha Thomas said...

Thanks... It was very sad... he is in heaven though :-)